Amini is a fast-growing startup building environmental data infrastructure to fix Africa’s data gap and enable the prosperity of 1 billion people by 2030. We provide our deep tech solutions to global private sector companies across a range of sectors. The People and Culture Lead will provide leadership and oversight on the development and delivery of Amini’s People strategy. Together with a core leadership team, the position manages the provision of effective and professional human resource (HR) services and advice.
The People and Culture Lead will be responsible for our culture practices and manage areas such as Talent Acquisition and Onboarding, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Diversity and inclusion, Policy and Procedure Development, and Compliance.
Key elements to the role will be the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse and committed group of managers and their teams, be ‘hands-on’ when required, and encourage an organizational culture that supports effective behaviors and ways of working that demonstrate a clear commitment to Amini values, mission, and vision
Apply here: https://amini.bamboohr.com/careers/29?source=aWQ9MTQ%3D
Organizational leadership and strategy development
- Apply knowledge and expertise in specialist HR areas, providing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Lead the development and implementation of HR strategy, ensuring it meets organizational priorities and promotes diversity, inclusion, and equality among staff – periodically reviewing strategy outcomes to ensure it remains relevant to changing organizational needs and circumstances and stays linked to other support function/operational strategies.
- Develop and govern HR policies, procedures, and guidelines as required, and promote consistency and fairness in their application – ensuring all local required legislation is adhered to, and ongoing learning of HR policy practice takes place.
- Maintain and develop HR information systems and explore new technologies where appropriate – introducing and overseeing the preparation and analysis of HR metrics and providing feedback that supports decision-making in specified areas.
- Provide regular advice, guidance, and, where necessary, challenge to the CEO and Head of Operations on strategic people management, performance, and development issues.
- Maintain relationships with external networks related to people management.
Regulatory & Compliance
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure compliance with all local volunteer and employment-related laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of changing volunteer and employment regulations and implement policies, procedures, and systems to ensure regulatory compliance and reduce the organization’s legal risks.
- Promote the professional development of the team and facilitate ongoing performance management, including, but not limited to, objective setting, identifying learning and development needs, coaching, and welfare.
- Create and maintain key performance indicators – ensuring external good practice and thinking are reflected internally.
- Maintain HR information systems and the financial planning of the department.
- Support cross-organizational working practices that ensure HR influences and is influenced by, organizational discussions, lessons, and decisions.
Organisational support and services
- Ensure innovative recruitment and succession planning is in place: oversee fair and effective processes to attract and bring on board new staff while processing learning from the experiences of those who leave.
- Stimulate global staff engagement and involvement and ensuring feedback is used to generate reflection, learning, and improvement.
- Ensure an appropriate remuneration and reward strategy and structure is transparent and in line with organizational values and is strengthened and continues to develop.
- Ensure policies and reporting mechanisms are clear and accessible to all staff and kept up to date: play a key role in supporting teams to be aware of their responsibilities while promoting a culture where observance is the norm, and everyone contributes to a safe and positive working environment.
- Encourage and strengthen culture and practice of forward HR planning – ensuring HR considerations are reflected accurately in new program design and annual planning processes.
- Act as an innovative, transformational manager who provides the appropriate challenge and/or support to senior managers and their teams facing major change.
- Use technical expertise and interpersonal skills to influence managers in moving towards developing a more flexible, responsive, innovative workforce and methods of delivering services, maximizing outcomes with reduced resources.
Good people management practice
- Advocate for good practices that promote the development and well-being of all staff, including contributions to further safety and work/life balance.
- Develop and support leaders and people managers across the organization to organize and deliver their priorities effectively through their teams – providing inspiration to advance leadership development processes.
- Champion and advance diversity within the organization to assist teams in understanding and living core values in our ways of working and recruitment.
- Ensure performance review systems are updated, implemented regularly, and lead to positive interaction and follow-up among staff – assisting in identifying ways staff recognition and development initiatives can be met.
- Design and cultivate learning and development strategies to help staff identify areas where skills and experience can be expanded, and performance grows – working with others to ensure an appropriate range of tools, resources, and development opportunities are accessible across the organization.